Monday, July 4, 2011

HEMOPTYSIS - Misanthropic Slaughter CD review


HEMOPTYSIS - Misanthropic Slaughter CD
Self Released
Genre: Thrash/Traditional Metal
Rating: 5/5

I guess that I'm just lucky to learn about unsigned bands who sound a whole hell of a lot better then what the big labels are pushing out. Take this Arizona band for example on this their full length debut. Musically this four piece blows away the lion's share of bands that have been riding the revival wake for a few years now. Yes I know any young two bit online hack can say that about some band he's just heard. The thing is that I'm not a young two bit hack, they are that good and they're named after a disease I think I had once therefore I'm right. First off this band's sound has one foot planted in the Teutonic Thrash arena and the other in a faster NWOBHM realm. Their guitar tag team, Masaki Murashita and Ryan Miller, know how to rip faces off with their solos. Murashita is also their vocalist who has more of a blackened rasp style going for him. There's not one I repeat not one goofy "we are thrash" type of song on here. That idea along with copying the SLAYER/EXODUS songbook has been left to the lessors of the revival. Actually I doubt this band even knew there was a revival because the release is chock full of all the things which you enjoy about extreme metal as opposed to remembering someone else doing.

Official: http://www.hemoptysismetal.com/2011/


Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/hemoptysismetal


1 comment: