Monday, June 6, 2011

KATANA - Heads Will Roll CD review


KATANA - Heads Will Roll CD
Listenable Records
Genre: Heavy Metal
Rating: 3/5

Back in 2009 I suggested that the next thing after the Thrash Revival whines down you're going to see bands recreating the early 80's NWOBHM style. I based that prediction on hearing a handful of releases that year which were doing it. Now don't ask me to remember which bands per say since I drink, secondly I'm too fuckin lazy to go back in the archives (archives?) and third I drink. So just take my word on it because as we all know I'm as honest as the day is long, except in the winter because then I'm a lying bastard. Now be that as it may here we have the latest entry into the "Remember the 80s" music trend. Once again they are of the good metal memories from that decade and they're also from Sweden. This is the debut release by KATANA who love everything of the classic NWOBHM sound and style. Yes they love their MAIDEN but are not afraid to add in some ACCEPT and RIOT influences but mostly they like MAIDEN or FATES WARNING, take your pick. Better yet listen to the galloping rhythms of "Livin' Without Fear" or "Blade of Katana". Vocalist Johan Bernspang even does a decent Dickinson imitation and bought his wardrobe from Joe Elliott's yard sale. KATANA also have another strange 80's metal fixation that being We Love You Tokyo or at least Japan. Songs like "Heart of Tokyo", "Asia in Sight" and "Blade of Katana" are all ready for their Live at Budakon DVD in the near future, if they get that far. I believe they will.

Label: http://www.listenable.net


Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/bladeofkatana


No comments:

Post a Comment