Monday, February 1, 2010

FORGERY – Harbouring Hate CD Review


FORGERY – Harbouring Hate CD
Candlelight Records

Irony, it’s like being hit up side the head with an iron and going “Whatafuck”? So I just did a review about a new Thrash Revival band in which I cited my disgust with post Thrash bands like MACHINE HEAD. So what’s next in the stack from Candlelight Records? Wow it’s a carbon copy of 90’s era post Thrash pre Groove Metal from Oslo, Norway, although this could’ve come outta California and you wouldn’t know the difference. I thought third rate PANTERA copycats from my area of the country were bad enough. This reminds me of back in the 90s when I’d hear stuff like this and say, “If this is what Metal has become then I hate Metal”. Guess what, FORGERY is not a new band either. According to their bio they originally started out in the 90s as a heavy Thrash band. But for some untold reason they put the band on hold until now. So this is their actual debut full length which sounds like 90’s era MACHINE HEAD and to some extent FEAR FACTORY, who I never liked either. I always thought of this as Metal which guys secretly hated but since chicks dug it and the guys wanted to get laid, well there you go.

www.candlelightrecords.com

No comments:

Post a Comment