Wednesday, March 9, 2011

CALCIFERUM - The Beast Inside CD review


CALCIFERUM - The Beast Inside CD
Self Released
Genre: Blackened Death Metal
Rating: 4/5

French Death Metal is never this brutal or should I say "brootal", which should not be confused with Brutal Death Metal. Ok you're probably confused. The fact is that the French are very technical when it comes to their DM as represented by GOJIRA. The reason I could only think of one French DM band just goes to show how much I give a shit about Tech Death. Hell I know more about the bands from Quebec and they're just as technical. So CALCIFERUM are a big time surprise with this eleven song beast. This is their first full length but they do have an EP from 2009 out. I'll be honest with ya by saying The Beast Inside is the best thing I've heard from a French DM band but of course that's based on musical taste and not musicianship. I'll take a hatefest of atmosphere with a touch of BELPHEGOR over technical ecstasy anyday. Oh yeah this French band loves their BELPHEGOR and maybe a little AUTOPSY to boot.

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/calciferum


No comments:

Post a Comment