Wednesday, March 9, 2011

BIRTH A.D. - Stillbirth of a Nation CDEP review


BIRTH A.D. - Stillbirth of a Nation CDEP
Self Released
Genre: Punk/Hardcore
Rating: 3/5

This could of been a demo from back in the 1980's with better production of course. BIRTH A.D. are a three piece who hail from Texas, have two former AVERSE SEFIRA members and sound like a second tier HC act from back in the day who were influenced by DRI. They actually cover a FEARLESS IRANIANS FROM HELL song, "Blow Up the Embassy", which I give em props for because you have to be cool to have known of that band. Their originals cover all the bases as far as subject matter went for Hardcore Punk back in the 80s. I gotta say that the themes still hold true for today. Songs like "This Scene Sucks", "No Jobs" and "Failed State" all carry that nostalgia feel. This was originally released by the band back in 2009 and I had it sent to me now by their production company. Are we ready for retro Hardcore Punk? I really don't have the answer to that one but this release garners the same length of a review that I would've written back in 1985, which is when I started writing about extreme music.

Official: http://www.birthad.com/


Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/birthad


No comments:

Post a Comment