Tuesday, January 25, 2011

BLOODSHED WALHALLA - The Legends of a Viking CD review


BLOODSHED WALHALLA - The Legends of a Viking CD
Fog Foundation
Genre: Viking Metal
Rating: 2/5

For those of you who didn't get the memo or read it on Blabbermouth, Viking Metal isn't just for Norse people anymore. Last year I reviewed a Viking Metal band from Brazil, from fuckin Brazil! Yep singing songs about long boats traveling down the Amazon River, battling native tribes, fishing for piranha. Yeah well this one comes from Italy and it's a one man project from a guy who goes by the name of Drakhen. I'll just cut to the chase and tell you that Drakhen likes his Viking era BATHORY. In fact I think he's actually possessed by the ghost of Quorthorn or at least thinks he is since this is beyond mere worship. I'm sure his idea was to make the second coming of Hammerheart but it's more like Nordland volumes one and two with only six cuts. Normally I give the benefit of doubt to the artist as far as influences go. In this case of BLOODSHED WALHALLA I'll just say great band name and cover art work but musically I'll stick with the original.

Label: http://we.fogfoundation.com/en/


Myspace: http://myspace.com/bloodshedwalhalla


No comments:

Post a Comment