Monday, July 4, 2011

TROLLFEST - En Kvest For Den Hellige Gral CD review


TROLLFEST - En Kvest For Den Hellige Gral CD
NoiseArt Records
Genre: Polka Metal
Rating: 0/5

Another week another troll band but now we have one that's slightly more silly. First off don't hold the pathetic cover artwork against them since they are poor. I saw a promo photo of the band and they look homeless. Since they're from Norway you know they had a tough time out there in the cold. Nonetheless I've always speculated that trolls in folklore were the homeless of their time period. Case in point I was up at the gas station the other night. When I came out some thing came up and wanted me to give it a dollar. Isaid "get the fuck away from me you goddamm troll." But let's move on to the music here. The first thing you notice about En Kvest For Den Hellige Gral is that it does not sound Norwegian at all. I think they're really gypsies because their folk sound sounds very eastern influenced. Let's just call it Polka Metal and reach for the bucket. They also add plenty of blackened touches as well as a death metal base. Best part of this, and it's a stretch, is that the band sings in their own language of trollspeak. This band has been around for over half a decade now with this being their fourth full length. How did I miss this act I don't know. I do know one thing and that's I won't bother with anything by them again. I can only take so much genre borrowing and ethnic fusion. To all future musicians, this troll thing is stupid. FINNTROLL is good at it for a few reasons. They started the whole thing but were never silly and got a new singer plus their music got much heavier. All of you other troll heads suck.


Official: http://www.trollfest.com/


Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/trollfest


No comments:

Post a Comment