Friday, July 1, 2011

IMPIETY - Worshippers of the Seventh Tyranny CD review


IMPIETY - Worshippers of the Seventh Tyranny CD
Agonia Records
Genre: Black/Death Metal
Rating: 3/5

I need to apologize to this blackened Singapore legendary band for not placing their Terroreign (Apocalyptic Armageddon Command) release from 2009 in my end of year favorites. It was an ignorant mistake on my part especially since I had called it one of the years best before putting together a list in December. So for my troubles (or punishment) I find out this new one is a one song opus just short of being forty minutes long. Damm aren't we a little ambitious? Well if you've been around as long as IMPIETY (21 years) you can pretty much do whatever you want as long as it's destructive. Now as I said this is just one damm song but it does break down into various parts that give it some transition. Secondly it doesn't have any atmospheric breaks which waste time and drum soloing doesn't count as atmospheric. Third this is a slight departure for IMPIETY since speed is not a driving force on here and Shyaithan's vocals are harsh yet clear sounding. By the midway point of this if you're not screaming HELLHAMMER then you're probably not worthy. Worshippers of the Seventh Tyranny is slightly different then what most of their sullen faced fans have been wreaking havoc to over the years. I'm not really keen on the one song opus idea either and close to the end it starts to drag a bit. Although it does close in an epic way which would have made for a great ending to a savage and brutal western. I just close my eyes and see the credits rolling inside my eyelids.

Label: http://www.agoniarecords.com/


Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/impietyofficial


No comments:

Post a Comment